How to Use the Entity Image Attribute to Create an Image Field on an Entity in Dynamics 365 CRM
Frequently, Dynamics users require an image be assigned to a record – whether it’s pictures of contacts, logos for accounts, photos of venues, or any of the many other possible applications. Some OOB entities come with this feature enabled, but what about for other entities or custom entities? This guide will show you how to achieve this result:
- Start by navigating to Customizations> Customize the System > Entities > “Custom Entity” > Fields > New
- Name the field (Image Field above) and select Image for the Data Type. The Schema of the field should automatically change to entityimage. Save and Close.
- Navigate to the Custom Entity’s Entity Definition in the Default Solution. In the “Primary Image” property, you should now see the Image Field selected – if not, select it from the drop down.
- Now, make the necessary changes to the Custom Entity’s main form. Go to Default Solution > “Custom Entity” > Forms > Main Form > Form Properties > Display and check the box for “Show image in the form”. Click OK, then Save and Publish.
- The Custom Entity Main Form should now show a “Blank” image:
- Click the “Blank” image, and use the “Browse” button to select your image from your local computer (must be under 5 MB).
- Check your work – your Custom Entity record should now display the image you selected.
From Robert Zeider