Let’s start with a common story from a website owner before jumping right into what SEO is. A website was created by IT professionals as per the business’s needs. The website looked great and the functionality was working well – everyone was happy with the results. Once the site was live, the owner prepared upward to a 1,000 mails to send to his friends and connections to announce the launch of this amazing new website. Fast forward a few months, he is running his business and getting some customers, but not as many as he anticipated. He wants to be attracting world-wide customers. What is holding him back? Why isn’t his site getting the maximum number of hits? That can all be explained with SEO – a website can look and function perfectly, but if the search engines do not know about it, it is all for nothing.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving and promoting a website in terms of increasing the number of visitors from search engines. In other words SEO is making websites in a well-structured format that search engines understand. SEO is a great technique that helps to place your website and display search results higher than the millions of other sites out there. Search Engine Optimization is not just for targeting search engines and making search engine friendly website, it is also about making a website better for the viewers too.
There are leading search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!, these search engines are unique in that they provide targeted traffic, people looking for what you offer.If search engines cannot find your site, or add your content to their databases, you miss out on incredible opportunities to get traffic to your site.
SEO can be divided into two main areas:
- Meta Data ( Title, Description, Keywords ) ex: Charter Global
- Choose Keywords
- URL ex: https://www.charterglobal.com/services/application-outsourcing/
- Images (alt attributes) alt=”Big data solutions”
- Canonical Tags
- Header Tags ( h1, h2, h3, h4 )
- Content Optimization ex: https://www.charterglobal.com/services/application-outsourcing/
- Sitemap XML ex: https://www.charterglobal.com/sitemap.xml
- Robots.txt ex: https://www.charterglobal.com/robots.txt
- 404 page ex: https://www.charterglobal.com/pagenotfound
- Check Broken Links
- Link Optimization
- Google Analytics (Setup)
- Google webmaster code (Setup)
- Google Ad Words (This is based on business )
- Directory Submission
- Local Business Directory
- Social Book Marking
- Niche Forum Posting
- Article submission
- Niche Press Release submission
- Video Submissions
- Images submissions
- Social Networking
- Business Networking
- Social Media Optimization ( Face Book, Google+,Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube )
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Affiliate Marketing
- E-mail Marketing
- XML-RSS Marketing
- PPC Campaign Management
Below are a few helpful links you can visit for even more information:
SEO Useful Resources
Internally CGI actively implements best SEO and SMO practices. Take a look at our social channels and engage with us: Face Book, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube. We understand the importance of a fully optimized site, recently, CGI was been named as one of the Top 17 staffing and recruiting websites for 2014 by EchoGravity! Over 700 company websites were analyzed and we made the top 17, right alongside other big industry leaders.
If you have a question for our experts, please leave us a comment below, email our team directly at email@example.com.