User experiences only front end interactions, the look and feel of the website/ application and they don’t think about the back end or what is written and why. Users need to feel engaged and at ease when they visit our website. That’s where the user interface development process comes into the picture – to fulfill this task.
“User Interface Services” can be divided into two phases in website/application/software development:
- 1. Research + Design
- 2. Development
Research and Design:
Research and Analysis are all about interviewing users, project stakeholders, and gathering their input to create a requirements document that includes personas, user scenarios, and user experience evaluation metrics.
Research is usually done by business analysts and a user experience team. Both teams collect all information and inputs from users and project stakeholders in order to discuss technical terms with developers and project managers, and finally, they prepare final documentation.
With the help of documentation, UX team start design process. They first create the wireframes to bring a rough idea to the project stakeholders and users.
Wireframes are presented as a comprehensive set of screen layout consisting of black and white sketches of every screen in the application. At this point, the visual and graphic design processes have not yet begun.
The next step in the process is to create prototypes that will simulate the real application. A prototype can contain one or more features, but it actually does nothing. It merely simulates the behavior of a real application, and users can see color combinations and minimal functionality. Wireframes/Sketches and Prototypes are done by UX designers.
Tools to create Wireframes and Prototypes
UX Designer Role and Responsibilities:
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills, and sketchbook technique.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, and associated design tools.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate design decisions with stakeholders and development teams.
- Understanding of common software development practices.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and ability to grasp complex, nuanced product requirements.
- Collaborating on user experience planning and researching interaction design trends.
Researching technology trends.
Note: Responsibilities would be based on company and project requirements.
User Interface Development System
UI development systems can be considered as the middle groundwork by combining both design sensibilities and technicalities together. UI developers are skilled at making something look good and function correctly in a browser/device at the same time. They have the production skills to be able to communicate with backend developers, and collecting data from server/backend and displaying to the user. They are fully responsible for client side / front end logics and functionalities.
UI Developer and Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building Web Applications using Single Page Application (SPA) paradigm.
- Develop software solutions using industry best practices and in the area of security and performance in a web and SOA architecture environment.
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Participate in the full SDLC with Requirements, Solution Design, Development, QA Implementation, and product support using Scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Skilled in using a CSS preprocessor to speed up development (LESS, SCSS).
- Detailed knowledge of cross-browser UI issues and hacks.
- Social technology API experience (Primarily Facebook, and also Twitter)
- Experience creating, as well as consuming, JSON-based APIs.
- Understand executing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation.
- Ensure design consistency with client’s development standards and guidelines.
Note: Responsibilities would be based company and project requirements.
A few examples of UI Developer technologies:
HTML5 and CSS3
jQuery and jQuery Mobile
There are plenty of opportunities for UX Designers and UI development services, the current market today calls for a high demand for this skill set. Charter Global keeps a hand on the pulse of the market; with the ability to quickly and efficiently ramp up client projects. CGI consultants have extensive expertise in domain areas across the IT spectrum covering many industries.
If you have a question for our experts, please leave us a comment below, email our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.